Defence Sector Contracts Lead
MoD , DefCon, Commercial Officer
A wonderful opportunity to join a genuine global leader in their field for a Contracts Specialist in Surrey. Due the large number of defence projects, and due to a recent promotion within the department, my client need a proven defence sector Snr Commercial Officer / Leader to join them at their HQ in Surrey, to manage the contractual aspects of Commercial and mainly Defence Contracts on SME projects.
Key Responsibilities :
* To understand comprehensively the Contractual basis on which several Military Programmes are undertaken with each customer.
* Draft and comment on contractual terms and conditions for small and medium size projects / programs
* Conduct Risk Assessments for strategic business development efforts
* To provide reports to both Management & Customers on Contractual Status of Managed Contracts.
* To Prepare and submit Contract Variation submissions.
* To understand the concept of, prepare and submit Variation of Price claims.
To be considered for this role you MUST have a knowledge of defence contracts - candidates without this will not be considered as it is seen as a mandatory requirement.
Other key skills/requirements incl :
* Good understanding of Contract Law.
* Experience in Defence contracting with UK MoD and prime contractors.
* Ability to draft commercial contracts, agreements, terms & conditions and to negotiate such for the benefit of the company
* Good IT skills in all MS office Packages
* Demonstrate contract drafting skills consistent with negotiating amendments to customer's RFQ T&C's requirements.
* Ability to report concisely in writing and verbally to senior management.
* Awareness of UK MoD DEFCON's.
A truly wonderful career opportunity - please apply by sending your cv and contact tel number asap !